Case Study: My Experience With Pets

Uncategorized Comments Off

Dog’s Health: Knowing the Foods That are Toxic For Dogs

You might want to share something delicious to your pup because you don’t want him to keep begging for it. As a responsible pet owner, it is important to know the foods that are healthy and toxic for your dogs. There is nothing worse than having your pet suffer over a simple and single mistake in his diet. The top twelve human foods that your dog should avoid eating are chocolate, milk, cheese, onion, macadamia nuts, garlic, grapes, avocados, apple cores, yeast dough, caffeine, and bacon.

Chocolate is known as toxic food for dogs because it contains theobromine and caffeine which fall under the methylxanthines category, and the darker the chocolate, the more dangerous it is. The ill effects that chocolates can cause to your dog include diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, severe agitation, muscle tremors, irregular heart rhythm, elevated body temperature, seizures, and death. Bacon and fatty foods are absolutely tragic for our dogs because they can cause pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas, and foods with high-salt content may cause stomach upset and bloating. Salt may also cause sodium ion poisoning with excessive urination and thirst, as well as vomiting, diarrhea, elevated body temperature, and seizures. Garlic and onion combo in small doses are not harmful, but large doses may cause poisoning leading to destruction of red blood cells causing anemia, with signs and symptoms of breathlessness, vomiting, weakness, and lost interest in food, and a blood transfusion might be necessary. Milk has milk sugar that dogs have lacking enzymes to break down milk leading lactose intolerance, diarrhea, vomiting, and gastrointestinal problems. Avoid raw meat for your dogs as they contain bacteria that may result in food poisoning, and raw fish may hide parasites causing fatal disease.

Sweet foods like candy, butter, gum, and baked foods contain xylitol, causing insulin surge through the body of your dog, leading to a drop in the blood glucose level and liver failure. If a dog consumes too many grapes and raisins, they develop dehydration, vomiting, diarrhea, and lack of appetite causing rapid kidney failure within three to four days. If you have an avocado plant at home, make sure that your dog can’t get anywhere near it because it contains persin in their fruit, seeds, leaves, and bark which is considered toxic for dogs, so be sure to keep your guacamole to your own fiesta and prepare a different meal for your furry friend. It is not good to give apples, peaches, plums, peaches, and apricots to your dogs as it cause dizziness, difficulty of breathing, hyperventilation, collapsing, seizures, shock, and coma.

A 10-Point Plan for Resources (Without Being Overwhelmed)

Getting To The Point – Resources

Author

Search

Back to Top